Types of Cardiology branches – A Know how
Cardiology is a medicinal branch that deals with the study, care, diagnosis, and treatment of the cardiovascular system. The human heart is consists of many things, so when a cardiologist is identifying the problem with the heart he has to take into consideration many variables like heartbeat count, arteries, or blood vessels.
When the cardiologists in Maryland are making a chart of the overall health of the heart, he performs some tests for his convenience.
There are mainly three types of cardiology
- Invasive Cardiology:
In this cardiology, there are minimally-ivasive or open surgeries included which helps cardiologists to recognize and treat any kind of electrical or structural abnormalities inside the heart.
There are two types:
- Angioplasty: when the blood is not flowing properly in veins and plaque is the reason for it, then through angioplasty cardiologist inserts a balloon in the clogged veins which push the plaque towards the walls of the veins allowing blood to flow more and properly.
- Stenting: it is done together with angioplasty. The stent which is used in this procedure is made up of a metal coil which makes the clogged vein be left open forever and lets the blood flow through them properly.
- Non-invasive form of Cardiology:
this kind of cardiology does not involve the usage of any needle, fluids, or any other instruments for identifying the problems in the heart.
This cardiology involves techniques like:
- Nuclear-cardiology: this involves the usage of radioactive elements which creates images and helps cardiologists
- Echocardiography: this type of cardiology is done to know the condition and surroundings of the heart, by creating the images through ultrasound waves. The result of which helps cardiologists to analyze infections, structural abnormalities, and how well the heart is pumping out blood.
- Cardiac electrophysiology: this involves the tests and study of electrical currents that are passed through the heart to know about the heartbeat.
- CT Scan: it is a test that generates an image of your heart and a cardiologist analyze them to examine heart related diseases and atherosclerosis.
By using any of these techniques the cardiologist will analyze the problem in your heart and then prescribe the medication and treatment for you to get better.
- Interventional cardiology:
This kind of cardiology doesn’t involve surgeries or operations, instead, it uses a catheter which is a small and flexible tube that helps in repairing the narrowed arteries, muscles, or any other part of the heart which is affected.